07 November 2005

Hellas,
Hi there,

From now on I will start posting the pictures from our grouptrip. Most text will be in English because I have written a lot about it in German allready.
In diesem Beitrag werde ich die ersten Fotos des Gruppenausflugs veröffendlichen. Der meiste Text wird in englisch sein, denn ich habe ja schon genug dazu geschrieben.

Erster Stopp, wir sehen zum ersten Mal das Japanische Meer. Links ist Assistent Prof. Matsumoto (Chef von René), rechts ein chinesischer Post-Doc.



So we went with most of our Group an a typical Japanese twoday travel. It was very much different from the European or Ameican way to travel, you are about to read some of it now, same as last time, I will only put a few picture in the post so I have some time till the next event worth telling.
We went from Nagoya on bus to the other side of the island which is about 75 miles. This is a view of the Japanese Sea with Assistent Professor Matsumoto (left) and a Chinese Post-Doc.
What Japanese kind of like is to see where there food comes from. This is the inside of a nudel-faktory making a special kind of pasta this area is known for. You take a short trip threw the factory and then have lunch there. In the biggest factory we visited there was space for about 500 people to eat at once, so I think it is not unusuall to do this.



So hier seht ihr die Nudelfabrik von der ich sprach.
Das nächste ist von Eiheiji-Tempel, an dem es am Nachmittag hinging. (Der Eingang)



This the entrance to Eiheiji-Tempel. It is the believed to be the founding tempel of Zen-Buddhism in Japan. It consists of several bulidings at the slope of a mountain. It was founded in the 13th century and since then no tree has been cut in the temple area. You cannot believe how large the pine trees were in there. Just amasing.
This is one of the many altars in there with two of our colleagues.



Einer der Altäre mit zwei unserer Komolitonen.

Ich hatte am Samstag mein erstes Kolloq hier, es ist gut gelaufen, denke ich. Am Sonntag habe ich beinahe den ganze Tag geschlafen, denn mehr als vier Stunden Schlaf hatte ich die Woche im Durchschnitt nicht.
Heute war eher sehr erfolgreich, denn ich habe eine Methode zur Reinigung meines Produkte ausprobiert, die astrein funktioniert. Dabei ist die so einfach (ich sollte sie an anderer Stelle anwenden, da funktioniert sie nicht), dass ich mir in den Hintern beissen könnte, dass ich nicht schon früher drauf gekommen bin, das mal zu probieren. Aber so isset. Ich bin froh, dass es klappt.

Well last week Saturday I had a Exam about my work here, which went good, but in order to prepare for it I only slept 4 hours a night last week. That is the reason why I was only 5 hours awake on Sunday.
Today was very successful, I found a very easy way to clean my product. So easy that it is allmost a crime that I did not try it sooner. But anyway that is the way the gods of chemistry want it........
So much for taday. Perhabs I get the chance to write more tomorrow, but shurely on Wednesday.

So long,
Bis denne,

Barthel